For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The YouTube Rabbit Hole

Nickel

I can watch YouTube shorts for a long, long time. They're my equivalent of flipping through random magazines at the store or at the dentist's office.

Right now, the algorithm is sending me clips of meals that people buy at Asian 7-Elevens, cute animals, and finance tips. What kinds of shorts are you clicking through?

• 3 weeks later...

Lately, the living-off-the-grid stuff. It's mostly in Alaska, but I ran across one where the guy is out somewhere in the Italian Alps rebuilding old stone cabins. It's fascinating stuff.

Edited by G R

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now getting into biology shorts, featuring close-ups of random things: algae, food, bugs, liquids. I normally cringe at seeing insects at home but have no issue watching them wiggle under a microscope. Go figure!

When I can't fall asleep, I watch cute cat videos on loop to help me wind down.  Nothing's more calming than watching a cat sit in a tiny box, make kitty biscuits, and cuddle with their buddies.  It gets me ready to drift off in no time.

@G R, I watch those too!  I have no desire to live that way, yet I find the lifestyle interesting and mysterious.  Which creators do you follow in this genre?