For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Windows 7 or Ubuntu 9.10

winuxchrosh

For those who are not familiar with Ubuntu, its an operating system from Linux distribution.

Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 were released nearly at the same time. Which one do you think is better than the other?

Windows 7 is more on the GUI advantage, while Ubuntu 9.10 has its security and stability to boast.

While its true that most programs are running in Windows platform, some companies now are starting to make their programs compatible with Linux operating systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I know how great Linux is, considering that it's an open source program. But I am used to Windows. If I need to upgrade my OS (currently I am using Windows XP 2003) and I have money, I will go for Windows 7.

I'm wondering how well my Windows XP software will run on Windows 7.

I have some virtual musical instruments in the form of VST that I'd like to keep running on my next computer. I hope that the companies that sell them have upgrades, if necessary.  ;)

I kind of feel like I dodged a bullet with Vista.

• 2 weeks later...

If it were up to me, I'd switch all of my home computers over to Ubuntu but my wife would probably kill me.  :D  She is very comfortable with Windows and doesn't want to learn a new OS.