For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Technology

leoni

How techie are you?

I can say that I am not that much because I only own a PC with internet connection and my old mobile phone. Unlike others, they also own an MP3 player, MP4, portable play station and a lot more. I just can say that I am an internet savvy but not totally a techie one. :D

I think I am pretty tech savvy. If I don’t know something, I try to research it. I am stubborn so I do like to mess with my own computer, but if I end up getting stumped I will go ask for help. I have my PC for work and play; sometimes I game on it, but not lately. I have now stepped into the age of cell phones that can do multiple things (a Blackberry), this is still something new to me. I have always been more of a PC person, but this past year I got my very first laptop, and while I am still more of a PC type, I am learning the differences between the two.

• 2 years later...

great to hear that Di. I also have my first ever laptop in the past years but it totally broke down this year. I used it a lot for work and hubby's movie and gaming pleasure when I am asleep. :D

I also had bought a PSP for my kids, but unluckily, it got stolen.. tsk tsk tsk.. too bad... :(

I'm very techie :) I'm married to a computer technician, so that helps a lot, too. I've had a laptop for a few years now, and at this moment, I'm on a netbook (pretty much a family item, at the moment).

We're on the same shoes Perfect7. Hubby is a computer technician too. We love computers a lot... but not really much on other gadgets... money matters a lot as well..  :P

When I call a person a "techie," I usually am thinking of how competent they are in regards to not only using, but troubleshooting and solving problems with computers and gadgets, as well as being able to set up features, networks, connections, etc. I don't necessarily think someone is a techie simply for owning a large number of gadgets, as I know many children who own plenty of gadgets but have no idea what to do when one of them malfunctions.

I own a lot of gadgets, but I have to search online to find solutions when problems arise, so I don't think I'm very techie, but I do think that I'm learning. Today I learned how to change a router's IP address so that I could use two wireless routers on the same modem - I feel a little more like a techie for it. :)

Oh yeah Narnian... that also matters when considering one a techie person.. I also love to learn on how to troubleshoot, but only to the gadgets that I own. Hubby and I do not want to buy any gadget without searching and familiarizing them first through brochures or some reviews online as well.. :D

I can find my way around my computers fairly well I'd say, but now I want to try to get the most out of my Blackberry as well. I recently added a micro SD card to it and I'll be using it as an MP3 player. Plus I have my email pushed to it, for work purposes.

I think it can be a challenging time to stay on top of the new developments.