For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Internet Security 2010

Gidget

Something annoying has found it's way onto my computer and I'm looking for advice on what I should do about it.  Its called Internet Security 2010 and at first glance it looks like a legitimate scanning software.  From what I've read in Google Searches, it's not a real program and the trojan warnings it is giving me are only to get me to purchase the software.  The popups every couple of minutes are about to drive me insane.  I know it can be removed manually or by downloading something called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.  I don't know anything about that program, and I've never had to do anything like this.  Have you used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?  It was recommended on a site called GeekPolice.net.  My internet knowledge is pretty good, but my computer knowledge leaves much to be desired.  Technical stuff is kind of scary to me.  I'm wondering if I should try to do this or just leave it for my husband and hope he has time to deal with it.

Have you tried going to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, and unistalling the Internet Security 2010 program? If it doesn't show up on the list, I don't know anything about Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, so perhaps someone else could help you with that.

Well, the good news is my husband already had malwarebytes installed on this computer.  We ran it in safe mode (for over an hour) and it found 9 things to get rid of.  Then we restarted the computer, updated the software and ran it again (took well over 2 hours that time) and it finally found Internet Security 2010.  My computer is clean again.  YAY!!  So, if any of you get this annoying thing on your computer, I'd definitely recommend malwarebytes.

I would like to add that prevention is better than fixing. We usually get this kind of malwares through clicking ads that offer something that are too good to be true, clicking yes (or no) from pop-ups, opening email offers wherein we don't know who sent those emails, or visiting websites that are infected with those malwares.

I would like to recommend that we should always update our security softwares as often as possible. Anti-virus or anti-malware programs, whatever name they have, work the same by preventing unwanted programs in entering your computer so updating them always would make these programs more reliable.

We also have our part to do in preventing our computers to be infected with these nasty programs. Let's not click advertisements that are not practical like "you are the 10th visitor, click to receive the prize". Then when there are pop-ups, we should carefully read the instructions and not click the "NO" button immediately because sometimes the no button will open the website instead of deterring from it. Please don't open offers from emails which you have no idea who sent those because some of the websites in those emails are infected with malwares.

Malwares, or malicious softwares in proper term, are easy to avoid but we must do our part for our computer to stay clean from these nasty programs.

I don't even open emails from people I don't know.  And I never click the links.  I believe I got this from a website I had to use for a job (not here... somewhere else).  There is still something on this computer that nothing seems to be finding.  I've ran everything I can run and there is still something redirecting my search results.  I think we're going to take the computer to the shop and see if they can fix it.

I have just spent all day restoring my husband's laptop using the recovery disc because he clicked on a pop up and this happened. Unfortunately he didn't have Malwarebytes installed and this nasty little virus prevented me going to any websites so I had no option but to reformat. I have made sure that malwarebytes is now installed!