For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

If the internet went down today, what ..

Chris_Wagoner

We were talking about this at work the other day when our email system went down for a few hours. People were at a loss as to work or do almost anything constructive and it struck me as funny. Just a few short years ago, we got along fine without email, PMing, and other parts of the net, yet we have become very accustomed to it now.

What would happen to you if the internet went down for a day or two, or for that matter for good?!?! I think I would have to go back to reading books, which I did voraciously before I got into the internet world like I have. What about you??

The longest I was without internet was during an ice storm for a week. We still had updates via the Blackberry and wireless connection but it wasn't the same. :( And I was more worried as to how to stay warm than playing online.

• 4 weeks later...

I sometimes force myself to leave my computer alone for a few days at a time. This is mostly when it's time for final exams or when my internet is somehow faulty.

The thing is that I get along just fine without the internet or my computer as a whole. I go back to reading books, drawing, watching cable TV, and other such useful activities. I get used to living without the internet very quickly, and I am sometimes too lazy to drag myself back in front of the computer.

Except that I have to, because much of my school work simply requires the internet.

Guest matefork

Well, to be quite honest, it will be hard at the beginning. Being cut off from the internet abruptly. But I can adjust definitely and I can go back to usual chores before I got hooked to it.

I think the situation would be summed up best as pure chaos, a sense of panic, a feeling of being utterly and totally lost.

I was in Michigan when that east coast blackout happened, other than being hot all the time, the lack of electricity simply was the worst part. And this was before any of that Myspace social networking stuff really took off and made people really addicted to the internet.

I think we as a society have become very "used" to the internet. It is a relatively new thing in our lives and yet we seem to depend on it so much these days. Commerce, leisure, business and even friendships these days (with the boom that's occurred with the social networking circles) all seem to require the internet to function. If the internet went down it would be a serious problem for many people!