For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Halloween

Perfect7

I'm not big on the "holiday," personally (and we do not celebrate it in my home - I have a son born 10/30 - so we celebrate his birthday instead) - but they sure do put out a lot of STUFF in the stores for it! One thing I *do* love, though, is candy corn!

I love candy corn also!  My son was 'potty trained' with the pumpkins, so that are his favorite.  My kids are 4 and 5 months so I feel my children are still too young to understand it.  Maybe next year we will since the oldest will be in school.

I don't like candy corn very much. My younger brother used to bite off the tops of candy corn, and eat it. Anyways, as far as Halloween being a holiday...it's not one of my favorites. It's fun if you are little, but for older kids & adults it's really not that great.

I've always been a huge fan of Halloween, and look forward to it every year. Love seeing everyone's costumes and the general spooky feeling I get around the day. I'm really big into scary stories and movies as well, and with fall being my favorite season, the holiday is an exciting time of the year for me.

I'm especially anxious to go out with my friends and visit all the haunted houses that will be popping up around the area. We always tend to have a blast at them.  :D

I personally do not usually enjoy it as much as I did when I was younger, but this year I will be going to see my girlfriend so hopefully it will be great! I don't see her very much due to long distance but the time we spend together really is special to both of us.

Halloween is a great holiday and even I, an older guy, love getting dressed up for it. I love to scare the kids when they come to the door for treats. We put on a scary CD and we have a contraption that makes the door sound like a real haunted house door with a maniacal laugh. It usually gives the kids a start when all of that happens! They usually love it!

I loved Halloween when I was a kid, especially the candy.

In a town near where I grew up, they "recognized" the night before Halloween as Doorbell Night, when kids would ring doorbells and then run. Has anyone else heard of that?

... My younger brother used to bite off the tops of candy corn, and eat it. Anyways, as far as Halloween being a holiday...it's not one of my favorites.

Of course, that's the best part. The rest is just icky.

I loved Halloween when I was a kid, especially the candy.

In a town near where I grew up, they "recognized" the night before Halloween as Doorbell Night, when kids would ring doorbells and then run. Has anyone else heard of that?

I haven't heard of doorbell night but it would be fun to do. Of course when the kids get to my place they would have to knock on the door, I have no doorbell. :)

Haven't heard of doorbell night!! I like the candy, but I find I can get it cheap on the day AFTER Halloween, so why not wait and get just what I like, instead of having to sort through stuff? :)

I know I'm a bit old, but I'm so excited for this year. My boyfriend and I are going to dress up and that's all that matters to me. I'll probably also buy a ton of candy and pig out lol. I hope kids come to our door, because my favorite thing to do is hand out the candy :)

OK - obviously, Halloween is MY favorite holiday!  To me, it is not about evil at all.  It is the one truly fun and giving holiday that we have left!  Communities and neighbors interact, children and adults partake in it, and it is just a great time!  Thanksgiving follows closely behind, because it brings families back together in a joyful celebration.  The meaning of Christmas is practically all but lost now... And all of the other holidays are just as commercialized.