For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Heat

Perfect7

It's amazing how much heat is released by things. For example, it was in the mid 30s outside this morning when we got up. Our house windows are open, all through the house. The inside temperature of the house is in the 60s! That's thanks to 8 people, a dog, a cat, and 8+ computers... not counting the refrigerator and freezer!

There is a good idea, go green with body heat! I kind of made this realization last year when I saw my soaring heat bills. In warm weather my kids each have their own rooms but when the winter comes we shut off two bedrooms and they share one room. I implement what we call zone heating. Instead of running the furnace full blast I set it modestly and then strategically place space heaters in the rooms that are used the most. Sure it's a bit chilly to walk down the hall way but once you get in to the room it is nice and warm. I also use thick curtains to cover any doorways that do not have a door so I can keep heat where I want it. It took a real perception change to get used to zone heating but you would not believe how much money it saves me.

You're both absolutely right. I studied basic refrigeration and air-conditioning back in college. There I learned that each person has a heat value. If we want to achieve a certain temperature in a room, heat coming from people, computer, appliances, light and heat that passes through walls are all parts of the equations.

I was early in a seminar room once. The conference hall was very cold. As more and more people went in, it became so warm. I had to take off my coat.