For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Which Parent Is Closer To You?

winuxchrosh

I can't generalize parents because everyone is different. There are fathers that are more gentle than mothers and then there are mothers who make better decisions than the father. Now, I think there is one parent that is much closer to a child. As for me, I am much closer to my mom.

This leads me to another question, does gender have an effect on which parent the child would be closer to? I observed that most sons are closer to their moms and many daughters are much more open to their dads.

I would go with that generalization for the most part only it did not work that way with my family. My sisters have always been closer to my mom while I have always been closer to my dad. I am the youngest and I am defiantly daddy's little girl. Of course this split might have to do with the fact that I only have sisters and no brothers.

With my family, we are close to no one. Both of our parents do not talk much and share very little information about them and their experiences when they were young. I and my siblings a are closer except for the youngest one who was close to my mom.

With my kids, I want them close to both of us. That is why I keep firm to my decisions when I know hubby can't afford to and lenient in times when hubby is angry and the like. I felt like in this way, kids will have a feeling that we both love them and chances are, we get angry when they did something wrong.

Both my brother and I were always closer to my mom. While we loved my dad because he was my dad, we really didn't like him much, most of the time. My mom is remarried now (my dad died 8 years ago) and we love our stepdad very much :)

I felt closer to my father. Strangely though, we didn't talk a lot. He was the silent doer type. But I ended up mimicking him in a lot of ways. When he worked in his shop, I remember I just sat on one corner and watched him work.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say that growing up I was closer to my mom, my mom is still my best friend but my relationship with my dad has really grown too.

I love both of my parents and enjoy being with them both.  I have a great relationship with both of them.

My daughter and I butt heads from time to time, she is a teenager!  I truly hope that she and I will be as close as my mom and me.

As much as I would love to be, I'm not very close with my parents.

My Dad have a lot of different views on things, and although I love him--it's hard to have a regular conversation with him. When we talk, I usually pick neutral topics if possible. There's no sense in starting a fight with him. :)

As for my Mom, I'm closer to her than my Dad. But, we don't talk about deep or emotional things.

I'm actually closer to my Mom's sister. I feel more comfortable talking with her. She's more open and receptacle.

My dad is much closer to me. I've never been close to my mom, because we have trouble relating to one another and all we seem to do is fight. It's frustrating, but my dad has just been there for me so much more  than she ever has or ever will be.

I am much closer to my mom, but then again, all of my siblings are as my dad just didn't seem to be ready to be a dad when we were born, and he and my mother eventually divorced.

I find myself jealous of female friends who are close to their fathers, because of this.

Out of my siblings, though I am not the one who talks to my mother most often, I feel like I am the closest to her because we are so much alike. We don't need to talk often because we understand each other that well...or so I like to think. :)

My brother and I are closer to our Mom, while my sister was closer to Dad.  I respected my Dad although I really didn't have a lot in common with him.  I'm exactly like my Mom.  We're both neat freaks, germaphobes and great cooks  :) .

I am much closer to my mom.  I love my dad but we share too many of the same negative qualities to avoid butting heads fairly frequently.

I always believed that my dad was much closer to me than my mum.  Part of that reason was that I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 15.  15 years later I lost my dad.  I felt like I had lost my best friend, at least that is how I felt at the time.  Since over 15 more years have past, I have come to understand my mum much better.  Now I realize that I was really much closer to her than I ever was to my dad.  Strange, but true!