For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How important email has become.

Silva

I just realised it today when I opened my email client and saw that, instead of my usual thirty or forty emails, I had just three. Now this is not so unusual for a Sunday, but during the week it's unheard of. I didn't even have any in my junk mail so I knew something was wrong.

I investigated by going to my ISP's website and logging into my mail there. I was immediately presented with a page telling me that the old Tiscali mail servers were being merged with the TalkTalk servers. (TalkTalk bought out Tiscali late last year.)

Now I have an explanation and at least I know that there isn't a fault at my end, but it's very frustrating knowing that some of my emails may have been lost in the ether and I keep thinking that I may have missed something important.

Just when did email become so essential?

I can relate with the feeling. I think it isn't email per se that's in the question. It is communication. Whether email or postal mail, the issue would be the same. I mean, if postal rules change all of a sudden and we lose som magazines and newspapers we subscribe to, we freak out just the same.

Right, marvin, and even more so if we are expecting personal communication from a friend, because it would be difficult to know if it is still on its way or if we missed it altogether, through no fault of our own.

Although I find that, due to spam, I like email less than I used to. I tend to use more instant messaging when possible.

A few years ago I missed some emails that went to an online spam folder that I wasn't aware of, so now I go to that site to check email.

I've had my email pushed to my phone, which also speeds things up.