For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Blu-ray Movies

Burton

We still don't have a Blu-ray DVD player or a TV that would be worthy of the format. I think I'll wait to buy Avatar in the Blu-ray. Other than that, I'm still buying the standard DVDs at good prices.

Do you think you'll replace many movies with the Blu-ray format? I'll wait and see how much of a difference I see when I get the next TV I guess.

I have a laptop that can handle Blu-Ray but I have not yet watched a movie in that format. I need to try it out so I can see if it makes any difference!

If I am honest, I have no burning desire to have a Blu-Ray player, just as I have no burning desire to have an HD TV or a 3D TV. I am quite satisfied with the clarity of the films I watch on the hardware I already have. I just don't think it's worth the expense. If my husband ever upgrades his PS2 to a PS3 (unlikely) we would be able to try it out as I think the PS3 can handle Blu-Ray but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting HD TV at some point fairly soon. I can appreciate the larger screen for sports and other programming in HD as well as the enhanced colors.

I expect eventually a Blu-ray player will be part of a 5.1 sound system we buy.

I was considering HD TV at one time until I read that unless your TV is at least a 40 inch screen you won't even notice the difference! Our living room is too small for a TV of that size so there doesn't seem much point!

I have a PS3 which is a Blu-Ray player, and have bought Avatar, Dark Knight, Alice in Wonderland, and Doom on Blu-Ray, and really enjoyed watching them all in that format...especially Avatar. :D

I don't plan to "replace" my DVD's with Blu-Ray, though; too expensive.

There are a lot of illegal vendors who sell so-called "Blu-Ray" DVDs. A person I met in a dinner even told me not to buy any CD that is not Blu-Ray. That confused me a bit. Don't Blu-Ray DVDs require a different kind of player? or would they play in an ordinary DVD player? I usually buy my movie CDs in legitimate sources, none of whom offer Blu-Ray yet.

Blu-Ray definitely requires a different player. When I tried to put a Blu-Ray disk in my DVD player, it gave an error. It also requires a special display. It will work on my laptop but will not work via HDMI to my TV.