For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Halfway through Week One

Perfect7

How is your 2011 going so far? I have made a couple small changes so far, that I have managed to continue, but most other things are "same old, same old." Did you make resolutions? Have you kept them so far?

I've learned over the years not to make resolutions, I only break them. I just do what I can do. As far as diet and exercise, I have slowly made changes over the last year. A bad knee won't let me do much of the exercise but I have replaced a lot of junk food with fruit and I've found I actually prefer it. I don't feel "bogged down" when I'm eating right.

I have bad knees too and can't sustain a high impact exercise program.  I started doing yoga a couple months ago and it's great.  You go at your own pace, taking physical limitations into account.

I'll be glad to get back to normal eating and drinking! I usually have a handful of mixed nuts as a snack in the evening and over the last six months or so I have gradually lost more than 14 pounds in weight but I bought huge bags of crisps (potato chips) for Christmas and I have gained 3 pounds by eating these instead of nuts as a snack!

I was skeptical about 2011 coming into it.  Now, after taking a tumble down my porch stairs this morning, I am afraid that 2011 is going to kick my....  I'm going to stay away from resolutions, why press my already shaky luck.

Oh no! How horrible. Tumbling down the stairs isn't a good thing. I unfortunately found an abundance of Christmas candies on clearance sale for 25 cents a bag at our local Wal-Mart. I am resolved to resist replacing this candy with more when it's gone. I have so far gained about 5 pounds over the Christmas season. :-[

This year is starting off very nicely for me. My anxiety is the only thing that makes things tough, but I've been extremely motivated and thinking very positively. I can't complain.. I love my life :) I have wonderful people around me

I guess 2011 has gone well enough for me.  Besides recovering from a hangover for 4 days, I'm starting to feel a little better.  I learned real quick that I'm too old to drink that much, that fast.  I guess I'm not a spring chicken anymore. 

I'm skinny as a rail anyway, so thank goodness, I don't need to diet.  I do intend to restart my morning walking routine soon, as soon as it warms up a bit.  I want to start eating better, as some of the things I eat, well, I shouldn't be eating.  I eat a lot of junk food (chocolate cakes, potato chips, chocolate chip muffins, that sort of thing), so I want to cut some of that out and replace them with good, healthy meals.  I love to cook, so it should be easy.

Otherwise, that's about it.

Haha, Wim! I thought my New Year's Day was bad...four days of recovery is one heck of a way to bring in the New Year!

My big thing for this year was exercise, but not just any old exercise. I used to be involved in a very hardcore, very strenuous workout and I've been wanting to go back to it. To stress "hardcore," this is something that even my incredibly physically fit, works-out-everyday husband can't hang with.

So, I went back to it Saturday and, although I know most resolutions go down the tube pretty quick, I think I'm going to be seeing this through once again. I got out of it because of pregnancy, but now that the baby is 18 months there aren't anymore excuses. And the thing to keep my motivation going is that I feel GREAT!!

It's now Thursday and it's been a great week so far.  I'm trying to be more positive each day!  I get out of bed 10 minutes earlier each morning so I can get things ready to go without feeling rushed.

I started zumba classes on Tuesday and will go on Tuesday and Friday nights.  I'm doing this with my daughter (great bonding time).  2 goals for 2011 (quality time and exercise).

I'm trying to be more organized too so I have already planned out all my bills and appointments - they are all marked on my work calendar.

So far ~ so good.

Everyone who is hurt or not healthy so far - I am sending you all positive vibes!  Get healthy quickly!

Well 2011 has involved getting back to the UK from an unintended extended stay (due to awful weather) with relatives and listening to late night coverage of the cricket from Australia which has meant 5 nights without going to bed before 4am. That, coupled  with the 2 day hangover from hell has stopped me from doing anything at all this week so 'normal' life will start next week for me..    :)