For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My Day As A Dog Bather

wim2

Sunday, my sister called and asked me if I wanted to work Monday at the dog grooming shop she works at.  Their regular bather wasn't working that day and her and her boss (both groomers) needed someone to fill in.  So, because I can always use the extra money, I agreed.  Big mistake!!!  I was picking up and bathing dogs that weighed more than me!  I bathed 12 dogs in 3 hours, but it was the hardest 3 hours I've worked in a long time.  I left sore, soaking wet, covered in dog hair, dog hair in my mouth, ears ringing from the constant barking and yelping and with a measly $24 in my pocket.  My back and hips still hurt me this morning.

I guess there was one bright spot, though.  I didn't get bitten  ;) .

Wow, that totally sounds like you were underpaid! I guess since it's your sister, she can get away with it, but nobody else would be able to, I would think! Quite an experience, I guess. :)

That definitely sounds like a rough few hours! I know what you mean about getting extra money though, in this economy I would probably try something like that too. The hourly rate you received seems somewhat fair, but it only comes to $2 per dog! Still, at least you got paid something and helped your sister too.  :)

Whew!  Quite a day for certain!  Let's look at the bright side.  Hmmm.... I'm digging deep for this one, but here goes:

Like you said, you didn't get bit!  You know your hearing is working if your ears are ringing, so no need for a hearing aid, at least not for today, and you didn't come home with fleas.  Since you were picking up dogs weighing in more than you, doing bench presses should now come easy for you.  Oh heck, with that lifting and bending, you can skip the gym altogether today.  Dog hair has no calories, and you had a chance to cool off in the water!  Now how is that for looking on the bright/lighter side? :D