For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Royal Wedding

Lynn

Did anybody here watch the wedding today? I didn't set my alarm for it, but I happened to be up at that time (5am my time) so I watched most of it. I didn't think I was going to be as interested in it as I turned out to be. There was something really nice about watching such a beautiful and traditional event with all the tragedy we have going on these days.

I absolutely agree. I am not someone to care much about this stuff, but I did end up watching it this morning while I was exercising. There was a great feeling of candidness about this wedding. The two really seem to love each other, unlike the wedding between Diana and Charles years ago. I am also greatly impressed by Britain's sense of tradition, and the fact that they still keep traditions that have existed for almost a millennium.

I set my DVR to record it, but we were up anyway.  I really enjoyed watching it.  Westminster Abbey was beautiful and the traditions and pomp were interesting to see.

I've heard it was really good, but have been unable to see it yet, as I live in one of the areas that is without power. I'm only on now because we're in the car in a neighboring town (that has power).

Perfect7, you can look forward to the highlights online when you get your power back.

Being British made this a must see for me, even though I live thousands of miles away these days. Luckily it started in the early evening so I got to watch it live in the net. I loved every minute of it, especially the balance between modern and traditional aspects of a wedding.

I was just actually planning to watch the wedding on one of the video or TV channels online, but I got home just in time to watch the ceremony unfold. The entire event was filled with tranquility and everything went well...My eyes, of course, were set on the wedding dress, the details of which were concealed until the day came...I don't know if it's just me, but Kate Middleton, or The Duchess of Cambridge I should say, looks like Lynda Carter of the Wonder Woman fame.

As I'm in England, I really didn't have much choice but to watch it! It's been on TV and in every newspaper here for weeks. True, the snooker championship was the other choice on TV and my husband watched some of that, but other than feeling a bit put out that we, the British taxpayer, paid for it all, I grudgingly admit that it was quite a spectacle!

I've been interested in the wedding, but I wasn't going to get up early just to watch it. :) However, I did see video clips and photos afterward.

It was really beautiful and just by watching Prince William and Kate, you can tell that the two are in love.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the draw at all, to be honest. I didn't watch this and certainly wouldn't get up that early to. This coincides with my general view of celebrities - I don't know them therefore why should I care? Perhaps I'm odd but I will never understand the obsession our society has with OTHER people's lives.