For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

2008 Election

Odin

Who do you think will win the 2008 American presidency? I don't believe that either Obama or McCain represent the will of the people. I believe that they are more interested in working for their special interests and friends than the American people as a whole. What do you think?

Guest katie

I want McCain to win the election but I am afraid that Obama will be the winner instead. I don't think we had a good selection this election- either the democrats or the republicans.

I really cannot begin to guess who's going to win.  I was stunned in 2004 because I didn't believe the public wanted more Bush, what with the mess in Iraq and all.  So I keep thinking that the country is going to give the Dems a shot at things again, but then I remind myself about how wrong I was in '04 and I have no clue.  A great deal may actually depend on whom McCain and Obama choose for running mates.  I don't even know how I'm going to vote, though.  Neither of the big two choices thrill me by any means, and I'm skeptical whether we leave in a world in which any third party has any serious shot or not.  We've certainly never seen another real contender, so who knows?

Guest shanmuffingirl

I am more afraid of who Obama will pick as his running mate.  Depending on who he picks, he may be an unstoppable force. Neither Obama or McCain seem to care what the American people want. Both promise an exit from Iraq but neither seem to have a true exit strategy.

• 1 month later...

Well I heard Obama's speech and I must say that he reminds me really of the late President John F. Kennedy. He certainly exudes charisma....hopefully he will not win.  :P

Obama ALL the way.

Quite frankly with McCain's tranwreck of a choice of a running mate, I am surprised people are still backing him.

Did the Republican Paarty ever hear of the word "Vetting"? ???

I don't care for either of the candidates this time around but I don't believe there are any credible alternatives that have a shot of winning.  I'm leaning towards Obama as the lesser of two evils, quite frankly.  I don't have a problem with either of the VP choices but am skeptical of McCain's purpose.  My first thought was that he's trying to play the minority card back at the Obama camp but I don't know that for sure.

My hope is that Obama wins. I find myself entranced not by Obama, but by the strong oratory of Biden. In fact, I would consider Obama too restrained, as it is demagoguery that permits translation of social anger and injustice into something palpable and tangible.

I mean no offense by my speech, but having watched the RNC it would seem that the GOP is acting like a circus; To clarify, their blatant disregard for those facts which will most impact the immediate future (global warming, the oil crisis, the skyrocketing cost of food), makes it feel as if the US is destined for catastrophic collapse in the coming years. The US is, nor can any empire ever be, invulnerable to the will of economic and social entropy.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I don't like either candidate this time around.  It seems that more and more all of the candidates are just clones of each other.  I am not seeing a great deal of difference in either party.  It seems as if somone has just taken a cookie cutter and stamped out more of the same.